Friday, August 15, 2008

Whats a shopoholic to do

Ok, I grew up like 2 blocks from the mall. I would go there whenever I was board just to look around. When I lived in Virginia I did the same thing. I would be board so I would just go window shopping. Its great exersize just walking and walking all around until you have seen everything there is to see. Especially since the mall in Virgnia was 2 stories, lots of walking in that mall. So After my first daughter was born you could find me there alot pushing her stroller around looking at the window displays and the people walking around. After all she was born in winter so getting some exersize to get back to my prepregnancy body was easy to do at the mall.

Now here I am living a hour away from a really really nice mall, about 30 mins away from a ok mall. I used to be like 5 min away. Around here we have Walmart, Walmart and oh did I menchin we have a Walmart!!! I swear does not matter what direction I go in with in 30 min I will hit a Super Walmart! It makes it very hard to shop when you are looking for something specific.

So its back to school time and that means shopping for school supplies and new school clothes. So where to I go for all that. Walmart. With gas prices being what they are I really dont want to have to drive that hour to go to the good mall with all the good shopping and sales, I will just stick close to home this year. Walmart and the local thrift store they have become my best friends.

So what is a girl who likes to shop to do? Nothing, absolutly Nothing. At least not until gas really comes down or I get me a vechicle that gets like 35 miles per gallon.
Just a reason why living in the middle of no where is not all that great!

3 comments:

Jess said...

But Wal Mart Rules!! :)

Christa said...

LOL yea it does, thats where I went shopping today. Had to get the girls school supplies from somewhere! :)

Jess said...

I missed you! I was there from 10 Am until 7 PM working back to school. It's CRAZY out there. I can't wait to zone tonight and then get 2 days off!